Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The creature from scrap lagoooooon

I can't decide if I love this project or hate it. I have been cutting my scraps into 2.5" squares and using them as leaders and enders on my machine. I had no business starting another project with several still needing to be finished up. There are some old favorites in these blocks and some really ugly questionable fabric choices. A find walk down fabric memory lane. I am trying to make something useful out of all the scraps I have horded over the years. Maybe I should have picked a color scheme, but maybe the lack of structure is what makes it fun. The blocks patchwork blocks are 49 2.5" squares with no duplicate fabrics in each. The white blocks have 12 2.5" squares along with the white pieces. I am going to have to find a source for the large white squares outside of my scrap bin. Finished blocks are pretty chunky at 14.5" We will see how it ends up.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I kinda like the various colors all together, it's the definition of a scrap quilt. And one of my favorite things about scrap quilts is that walk down memory lane, so even better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great way to use up the scraps... it's coming along nicely! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really fun! The super-scrappy look really suits the pattern. :) (I have *got* to try this leader/ender thingie, I've read about it, I'm just not organised enough to have bits ready...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Hopefully as you keep on working on it you'll like it more. I'd like to do one eventually, but I have nowhere near enough scraps yet.

    ReplyDelete